Movie magazine update

This is my current version of the magazine for Inside. I chose to make the font of the movie title bold and red to portray the genre of Inside as a thriller as this colour brings many connotations such as blood, murder, and danger. I have also used a plug to entice readers by using the word "EARLY". By using this choice of lexis, readers will automatically believe they are buying into a secret that is exclusive to Entertainment readers. I have also added a cover line reading "THE 25 GREATEST THRILLERS". This is a feature to show the reader that there is more inside for them to read other than an article about 'Inside'. However, from doing my research I can see that my main image needs to be enlarged so that the male's head is covering part of the masthead. This way, it will be more of a focus point as currently, it is small enough for readers to not be able to see the actors if it were on a shelf. I am also going to try and add in the actor's names in order to reveal to readers who they are reading about from the moment they open the magazine. Finally, our USP is the fact that it is based on true events. As this is one of our main selling points, it must be emphasised in all levels of media and all advertising. Therefore I am going to add this in where it is clear to readers.  The male is wearing a red tie with roses on. Red roses denote a flower that is red. However it often come with the connotations of love, passion, and adoration as they are often given as a gift on days like Valentine's. I have chosen this costume as it could also connote the danger that will later be shown when watching the film. Red can be seen as the colour of blood and therefore sets the audience up for what is later to come. 

Comments